Sears Holdings is shutting 20 some-more stores in a US, in further to the 245 closings that had already been announced this year.
The association announced a latest closures to store employees on Thursday, several workers told Business Insider.
Employees contend a new list of closures includes Sears dialect stores in Sarasota, Florida; Roseville, Michigan; Toledo, Ohio; and Overland Park, Kansas, among others.
Sears did not immediately respond to a ask for comment.
The closings will move Sears’ store count to about 1,180, down from 2,073 5 years ago.
Sears announced a initial turn of store closures in January. Three some-more rounds have been announced given then.
The latest closures were announced to employees on a same day that Sears Canada, that was spun off from Sears Holdings in 2012, suggested that it would be shutting a entertain of a stores — 59 locations sum — as partial of a court-supervised restructuring.
The dual companies work exclusively of any other, though Sears Holdings CEO Eddie Lampert stays Sears’ Canada’s largest investor, with 45% of a company’s shares. Sears Holdings owns 12% of Sears Canada’s shares.
Here’s a list of new closures:
- 8201 S Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL
- 1601 N Harlem Ave, Chicago, IL
- 9701 Metcalf Ave, Overland Park, KS
- 5715 Johnston Street, Lafayette, LA
- 4575 La Jolla Village Drive, San Diego
- 126 Shawan Road, Cockeysville, MD
- 17318 Valley Mall Road, Hagerstown, MD
- 32123 Gratiot Avenue, Roseville, MI
- 14250 Buck Hill Road, Burnsville, MN
- 1640 Route 22, Watchung, NJ
- 1425 Central Avenue, Albany, NY
- 4000 Jericho Turnpike, East Northport, NY
- 601-635 Harry L. Drive, Johnson City, NY
- 7875 Johnnycake Ridge Road, Mentor, OH
- 6950 W 130th Street, Middleburg Heights, OH
- 3408 W Central Avenue, Toledo, OH
- 650 Bald Hill Road, Warwick, RI
- 300 Baybrook Mall, Friendswood, TX
- 9570 Southwest Freeway, Houston, TX
- 5200 South 76th Street, Greendale, WI
If we work during Sears and have a story to tell, email this contributor during email@example.com