ATLANTA, Oct. 6, 2017 /PRNewswire/ –Â Georgia Power is closely monitoring a hazard of Tropical Storm Nate, including potentially complicated sleet and assuage winds in western and northern Georgia over a weekend. The association is mobilizing crews and scheming to respond to any use interruptions that might start due to a storm.
Georgia Power reminds business to keep reserve initial during serious continue and offers a following assign tips:Â Â
- Before a Storm: Stay wakeful and check a continue foresee before streamer outdoors. Check your puncture kit, unplug vital appliances and assign dungeon phones in box we remove power.
- During a Storm: Take protected preserve inside a stout building divided from windows and doors. Avoid hit with conductors of electricity – appliances, steel objects and water.
- After a Storm: Never hold any downed or low-hanging wire, including write or TV wires that hold a appetite line. Never lift tree limbs off of appetite lines yourself or enter areas with waste or downed trees as downed appetite lines might be buried in wreckage.
Tools You Can Use Â
- Outage Alerts â€“ Subscribe to a giveaway Georgia Power Outage Alert use to accept personalized notifications and updates around calm message.
- Outage Storm Center â€“ Available during www.georgiapower.com/storm, business can revisit this site to pointer adult for Outage Alerts, news and check a standing of outages, and entrance useful reserve tips and information. Customers can also news and check a standing of an outage 24 hours a day by contacting Georgia Power during 888-891-0938.
- Outage Map â€“ Housed within a Outage Storm Center, Georgia Power’s interactive Outage Map provides nearby real-time information, permitting users to see where outages are occurring opposite a state and lane estimated replacement times.
- Georgia Power Mobile App â€“ Download a Georgia Power mobile app for Apple and Android inclination to entrance assign and outage information on a go.
- @GeorgiaPower on Twitter â€“ Follow @GeorgiaPower on Twitter for assign tips, outage updates, patron use and more.
- Emergency Plan and Kit â€“ Visit a Georgia Power whirly apparatus page for information on how to build a family puncture devise and puncture supply kit.
A Strong Response NetworkÂ Â
When serious continue strikes, Georgia Power has entrance to additional resources accessible as partial of a Southern Company system, that includes mixed electric and gas companies portion some-more than 9 million business nationwide. Additionally, Georgia Power is partial of a inhabitant mutual assistance network consisting of dozens of utilities from around a country, and a association is means to daub into reinforcements when indispensable to revive appetite to Georgia business following a storm. In September, Georgia Power responded to Hurricane Irma, one of a many mortal storms in a company’s story that interrupted use to scarcely 1 million customers. With some-more than 8,000 crew concerned in replacement efforts, Georgia Power easy appetite to impacted business good forward of schedule.
About Georgia PowerÂ
Georgia Power is a largest electric auxiliary of Southern Company (NYSE: SO), America’s premier appetite company. Value, Reliability, Customer Service and Stewardship are a cornerstones of a company’s guarantee to 2.5 million business in all though 4 ofÂ Georgia’sÂ 159 counties. Committed to delivering clean, safe, arguable and affordable appetite during rates next a inhabitant average, Georgia Power maintains a diverse, innovative era brew that includes nuclear, spark and healthy gas, as good as renewables such as solar, hydroelectric and wind. Georgia Power focuses on delivering world-class use to a business each day and a association is consistently famous by J.D. Power and Associates as an attention personality in patron satisfaction. For some-more information, revisit www.GeorgiaPower.comÂ and bond with a association on Facebook (Facebook.com/GeorgiaPower), Twitter (Twitter.com/GeorgiaPower) and Instagram (Instagram.com/ga_power).
View strange calm with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/georgia-power-prepared-for-threat-of-tropical-storm-nate-300532666.html
SOURCE Georgia Power