OTTAWA, Oct. 6, 2017 /CNW/ -Â Citizenship Week is being distinguished opposite Canada from October 9 to 15, 2017.
As we continue to symbol Canada 150 by celebrating a citizenship, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada invites we to be partial of creation Citizenship Week even bigger this year by reflecting on what it means to be a Canadian.
This year’s Citizenship Week is quite special as we are also celebrating new changes to a Citizenship Act that make appropriation citizenship some-more stretchable and accessible, assistance strengthen farrago and foster larger connection to Canada.
There are many ways we can applaud Citizenship Week this year. Share stories of your citizenship tour and photos or video of your citizenship rite with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram regulating a hashtag #CitizenshipWeek. Your photos, videos and stories will assistance others join in a conversation.
Keep an eye out on amicable media for video testimonials from obvious Canadians pity what being Canadian means to them.
Everyone is also invited to attend one of a many citizenship ceremonies where we can reaffirm your citizenship in jubilee of Canada 150 and Citizenship Week. Details of ceremonies in your area can be found during Canada.ca/celebrate-citizenship.
“During Citizenship Week, we enthuse everybody to rivet and enthuse any other, and applaud a common values, a achievements and a honour as Canadians. This is a good time to simulate on what it means to be a Canadian and to be partial of a Canadian family.”
-Â The Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
- 2017 marks a 70th anniversary of Canadian citizenship.
- On October 11, 2017, changes to a Citizenship Act ensuing from Bill C-6 turn law. These changes include: shortening a time permanent residents contingency be physically benefaction in Canada before applying; amending a age operation for field who contingency accommodate a denunciation and believe requirements; and counting a days field spend in Canada as proxy residents or stable persons as half days toward their earthy participation requirements, adult to 365 days.
- In a past 10 years, Canada has welcomed over 1,750,000 unapproachable new Canadians.
- So distant in 2017, 70,000 people have turn Canadian citizens. This year during Citizenship Week, some-more than 4,000 people will turn Canadian adults during 49 ceremonies opposite Canada.
- Citizenship Week Website
- Canadian Citizenship â€“ Information
- Twitter: @CitImmCanada
- Instagram: @CitImmCanada
SOURCE Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada